Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform.
- View Offline
- I'm very happy to announce that any member of lynda.com has access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Naturally, the information in this course is ultimately intended to be applied to your own web pages and applications. However, you may find it helpful to work with the supplied exercise files to practice the steps safely and without creating your own examples. To begin, using the files from the site, download them, extract them and then store those files in a convenient location, such as your desk top.
You can either follow the whole course, chapter by chapter or jump in at any point. And if you'd rather not use the Exercise Files, you can definitely follow along with your own assets.
Learn the basics of hosting a mobile app with App Engine and see how to analyze massive datasets in seconds with BigQuery. Then explore the benefits of Cloud Storage, including unlimited file storage and fast data retrieval, and learn how to establish a cloud-based private network with Compute Engine. Finally, the course explores how to set up and manage cloud-based databases with Cloud Datastore and Cloud SQL.
- Why Google Cloud Platform?
- Deploying an app with Google App Engine
- Activating and working with Google Cloud Storage
- Loading, querying, and exporting data with BigQuery
- Working with Cloud Storage buckets
- Managing cloud-based private networks
- Importing and exporting data
- Scheduling backups
- Working with Google Datastore
- Filtering data with Cloud SQL