Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform (2013).
- View Offline
I'm very happy to announce that regular and premium members of lynda.com have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Naturally, the information in this course is ultimately intended to be applied to your own work. However you may find it helpful to use the supplied exercise files to practice the steps safely, and without creating your own examples or assets. To begin using the files from the site download them, extract them and then store those files in the convenient location such as your desktop. The exercise files folder is organized by chapter, and the chapters are broken down into various lessons within the lessons.
Within the lesson chapters, there are a series of items. Typically HTML, CSS images and so forth, that make up the practice file assets, which we'll use to explore the Google Cloud platform. You can either follow the whole course, chapter by chapter, or jump in at any point. If you'd rather not use the exercise files, you can definitely follow along with your own assets.
- Why Google Cloud Platform?
- Deploying an app with Google App Engine
- Activating and working with Google Cloud Storage
- Loading, querying, and exporting data with BigQuery
- Working with Cloud Storage buckets
- Managing cloud-based private networks
- Importing and exporting data
- Scheduling backups
- Working with Google Datastore