Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting underway, part of Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform.
- View Offline
- In this lesson we'll get hands on,…and I'll walk you through the sign-up process…for the Google Cloud Platform…and setting up your first project…so you can now what to expect.…The first thing you'll need,…and you probably already have,…is a Google account.…If you don't have one go to google.com,…and click "You",…and then go down and click…the "Create an account" link.…I've created a new Google account…so I can show you the entire sign-up process…for Google Cloud Platform.…
So let's go to cloud.google.com.…The homepage to the side will give you…some idea of what's available,…and there are various sections of the site…that you can browse.…Once you're ready to give it a go…click on the "Free Trial" link that you'll see.…Next, I'll sign into Google.…Now, during this recording Google has…a free trial offer running that for 60 days…with a $300-dollar credit,…so you can really try out all the features.…
I don't know if this offer will still be available…when you view the course but I hope…you can take advantage of this or something similar.…
Learn the basics of hosting a mobile app with App Engine and see how to analyze massive datasets in seconds with BigQuery. Then explore the benefits of Cloud Storage, including unlimited file storage and fast data retrieval, and learn how to establish a cloud-based private network with Compute Engine. Finally, the course explores how to set up and manage cloud-based databases with Cloud Datastore and Cloud SQL.
- Why Google Cloud Platform?
- Deploying an app with Google App Engine
- Activating and working with Google Cloud Storage
- Loading, querying, and exporting data with BigQuery
- Working with Cloud Storage buckets
- Managing cloud-based private networks
- Importing and exporting data
- Scheduling backups
- Working with Google Datastore
- Filtering data with Cloud SQL