Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing a Python runtime environment, part of Google Cloud Compute Engine Essential Training.
- Python is fully supported across the Google Cloud platform…and as such is a popular choice for development.…We'll explore Compute Engine access…via Python throughout this chapter.…But before we do, we'll need to get properly set up.…Which includes installing…the Google APIs client library for Python.…The first thing you'll need in your development environment…is of course, Python.…Compute Engine, and all of Google Cloud for that matter,…currently support the original branch of Python,…where the most recent release…is version 2.7.9.…
Although it's evidently being worked on…within Google Cloud, Compute Engine does not yet support…the newer version 3 branch.…So you want to be sure that the latest version…of Python 2 is installed on your system.…If you're working with a recent edition of Mac OS X…Python 2.7 is already installed.…However, you can and probably should…install the latest stable update…of the 2.7 branch.…You can get that at python.org/downloads.…
I have Python 2.7.9 installed for this course.…You'll also wanna get one of the Python package managers…
- Integrating with Google Cloud products
- Setting up the Google Cloud SDK
- Creating a Compute Engine instance
- Authenticating users
- Working with Python and Compute Engine
- Managing resources
- Implementing network load balancing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google Cloud Compute Engine
Getting underway6m 17s
2. Exploring Compute Engine
3. Integrating User Authentication
5. Working with Python and Compute Engine
6. Managing Resources with Compute Engine
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.