Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating new instances, part of Google Cloud Compute Engine Essential Training.
To begin I'll define the needed variables…for both inserting a disk and adding an instance.…There is some overlap there,…so it makes sense to do them together.…There will be two sets of variables:…one for the basic elements…and another for the paths to those elements.…We'll start on line 4 with the variable DEFAULT_NAME…to whatever I want to call my instance.…I'm just gonna call this one my-new-instance.…Next we want to set the DEFAULT_DISK_NAME.…
These are typically the same,…so I'll set one variable equal to the other.…Next on line 6 I'll name the disk cluster…
- Integrating with Google Cloud products
- Setting up the Google Cloud SDK
- Creating a Compute Engine instance
- Authenticating users
- Working with Python and Compute Engine
- Managing resources
- Implementing network load balancing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google Cloud Compute Engine
Getting underway6m 17s
2. Exploring Compute Engine
3. Integrating User Authentication
5. Working with Python and Compute Engine
6. Managing Resources with Compute Engine
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.