Move your data storage to the cloud. Learn how to calculate costs; investigate the options from Google, Amazon, HP, and Microsoft; and handle issues related to latency, security, and scalability.
- Hi, I'm Joe Lowery here to cover the Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storage. The growing mountain of available data is matched by an equally high desire to access it. The rise of cloud networks makes managing this overwhelming amount of information not only possible, but highly beneficial. In this course, I'll make the case for cloud data storage, outlining the benefits versus the risks, and show you numerous strategies for calculating costs. We'll step through working with a range of storage types, evaluating APIs that enable direct control, and assessing the all-important matter of security.
I'll detail which issues you need to consider, such as latency and scalability. We also examine specific solutions, including market leaders like Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services, as well as competitive services from companies like Rockspace and HP. Finally, we'll dive deeper into a specific service for a case study that runs the gamut from setup to data storage optimization. If you're contemplating moving your organization's data mountain into the cloud, and need to get a handle on this daunting task, join me for Fundamentals of Cloud Data Storage.
- Discovering cloud storage solutions
- Managing database content
- Assessing API interconnectivity
- Troubleshooting cloud data storage issues
- Reviewing cloud storage vendors
- Setting up Amazon Web Services (AWS)