- View Offline
- DevOps on the cloud
- Continuous delivery, testing, integration, and deployment
- Creating your own DevOps processes
- Defining logical and physical processes
- Selecting cloud services: AWS, Google, Microsoft, and others
- DevOps use cases
Skill Level Beginner
- Welcome to this course. My name's Dave Linthicum. We're going to talk about the basics of development and operations, or DevOps. It's the integration of two concepts. We're able to automate the delivery of software to an end user in almost no time at all. So, the old waterfall is dying. The ability to go through weeks and months, even years of software deployments really don't make it to the business at the time they need it. DevOps changes that. DevOps and Cloud Computing are linked. We need a place to deploy our software, Cloud Computing is a centralized deployment platform that allows that to occur.
Development and operations means about changing processes within our development organization as well as applying tools and technology, either on premise or in the Cloud. I'm going to take you through that process, understanding your own needs, where your organization is, where you need to go, opportunities for the technology, and how to pick the right technology to make your DevOps processes work the first time. Let's get started.