Learn Clojure. Get started with this fun and functional Lisp-based programming language.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to up and running with Clojure I'm Arthur Ulfeldt. Clojure is functional programming language built for the modern world. It's great for app development, building concurrent systems, and working with large data sets, and it's fun. In this course I'll show you how to get started learning and developing Clojure projects, I'll show you how to set up some common development environments for working with Clojure and then I'll show you how to run Clojure code. We'll take a look at functions, expressions, and processing data in the functional way. After that I'll introduce you to some of the details of Clojure's syntax and we'll see how to build and deploy projects.
I've been working with Clojure for about seven years now and I really enjoy it. It has made me a happier person and I hope you will enjoy it as well. Let's get started.
Arthur Ulfeldt covers the Leiningen build tool and setting up Clojure to work with the IntelliJ IDEA dev environment. He then reviews the basics of the syntax, including functions, expressions, values, macros, strings, and conditionals. He shows how to structure, compile, and deploy Clojure projects in Leiningen, and pull from Clojure's core library. In the final chapters, Arthur explores references and namespaces and points to resources to learn more about Clojure.
- Installing Leiningen
- Configuring IntelliJ IDEA
- Using REPLs to execute code
- Working with simple and composite values
- Mastering Clojure macros
- Exploring Clojure syntax
- Building a Clojure project with Leiningen
- Mapping, filtering, and reducing
- Binding and destructuring data
- Working with identities
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. First Look at Clojure
2. Exploring the Syntax of Clojure
Conditionals and special forms10m 27s
3. Evaluating Forms
4. Clojure Projects and Leiningen
5. The Core Library
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.