Learn how to create user interface components.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Now we'll build some ui components…to place inside of our frame.…I'll put these near the top of the file…after the name space and I'll define it,…calling it main panel.…The first thing I'll do is call mig slash mig panel…to build a panel using mig layout.…This takes two sets of arguments, constraints, and items.…For the constraints, this is a vector of strings…that define the various layout, row, and column constraints.…For this, we'll need only a layout constraint…which we'll use wrap four comma center comma gap 15.…
Using wrap four, we're defining that the width of each row…is four units and as we define each item,…we'll specify what their width is.…Now, using items, I'll provide a vector of components.…For the mig panel, each item is a two vector…where the first item in the vector is a component…and the second is a string with style information.…For our first component, I'll call ss label,…to build a seesaw label, provide it an icon,…and then I'll use io slash resource…and give it a path within the resources folder to an icon.…
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem 1: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5: Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6: Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.