This video shows shows how to get started with Quil.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll start…setting up Quil for our project.…Let's define our name space.…I'll call it theremin.core.…And in a require expression, I'll pull in quil.core…and we'll alias that as q.…We'll use this quite a lot.…Next, I'll pull in quil.middleware…and I'll alias this as m.…We'll use this Quil middleware for the functional mode…that we've been talking about.…That's all we need for the require expression for now.…And lastly, I'll use a gen-class keyword in an expression,…so that Leiningen can compile our program.…
Now, I'll need to set up our three functions…for functional mode.…Those are setup, update-state, and draw-state.…So first, I'll do setup.…This function doesn't take any arguments,…and it will return a map of data.…We'll fill in the map later.…Next, we'll have update-state,…which takes the current state of the application,…and returns a new state.…So for now, we'll just pass through…the state and not change anything.…Lastly, we'll have the draw-state function,…which will take the state,…
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem 1: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5: Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6: Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.