Learn how to use recursion to organize files into directories.
- [Caleb] Hello, and welcome to Code Clinic.…My name is Caleb Smith.…Code Clinic is a course where a unique problem…is introduced to a collection of our authors.…In response, each author will create a solution…using their programming language of choice.…You can learn several things from Code Clinic.…Different approaches to solving a problem,…the pros and cons of different languages…and some tips and tricks to incorporate…into your own coding practices.…In this challenge, the problem combines two concepts.…Recursion and accessing image data.…
Recursion means to repeat something…in a similar way.…In programming, recursion means…a function will actually call itself.…Nesting a call to a subroutine…within a call to the same subroutine.…Look for this in the code samples you're about to see…from the authors.…Jpeg files can contain additional image data…stored as Exif or IPTC.…Exif stands for Exchangeable image file format.…It is a well-documented standard.…If you have a digital camera,…or have taken photos with a newer cellphone camera,…
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem 1: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5: Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6: Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.