This video shows a conceptual overview of Quil's fun-mode.
- [Narrator] For our solution, we'll be using Quil…in what it calls fun-mode, which stands for functional mode.…In this video, I'll demonstrate how we'll leverage…fun-mode to write our solution in a purely functional way.…With this mode, the state of our program is explicit…and managed by Quil.…We'll implement three functions that hook into Quil.…These are setup, update-state, and draw-state.…Program will begin by calling setup.…Then it will call draw-state and update-state…in an infinite loop, until the program is close.…Setup will initialize our program,…running any code that needs to happen…before our program begins handling events…or doing any drawing.…
For our program, this will set the color mode,…and do some other configuration.…This function also returns a map of data…with initial values, which contains all of the data…that our program will update and draw from.…The update-state function takes this map of data…as its argument, and returns a new map of data.…This function is called right before…every frame is drawn, and represents the single point…
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem 1: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5: Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6: Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.