Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Further resources and next steps, part of Up and Running with Clojure.
- Just like to thank you for taking the time…to watch this course with me.…Now let's go over a few things worth exploring next.…First a bit of a caveat.…Unlike a lot of new languages, Clojure suffers…from an excess of documentation.…Sort of at the beginning of the language,…lots of people jumped in and started…documenting things, and as the language has evolved,…and really settled into a coherent ecosystem,…a lot of that old documentation is still…floating around there, and has a lot of links.…So if you're reading some, a Clojure tutorial…or video, et cetera, and you see references to…installing Clojure or you see references to…Clojure.contrib, these are a couple of signs…you should watch out for and know that…you're probably reading outdated documents.…
Alright. Where to next?…A great first stop is the 4Clojure website.…No, they won't sell you a cheap house,…but they will give you some great fill-in-the-blank style…questions for learning Clojure, and it's kind of fun.…You can get a little competitive about it,…
Arthur Ulfeldt covers the Leiningen build tool and setting up Clojure to work with the IntelliJ IDEA dev environment. He then reviews the basics of the syntax, including functions, expressions, values, macros, strings, and conditionals. He shows how to structure, compile, and deploy Clojure projects in Leiningen, and pull from Clojure's core library. In the final chapters, Arthur explores references and namespaces and points to resources to learn more about Clojure.
- Installing Leiningen
- Configuring IntelliJ IDEA
- Using REPLs to execute code
- Working with simple and composite values
- Mastering Clojure macros
- Exploring Clojure syntax
- Building a Clojure project with Leiningen
- Mapping, filtering, and reducing
- Binding and destructuring data
- Working with identities
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. First Look at Clojure
2. Exploring the Syntax of Clojure
Conditionals and special forms10m 27s
3. Evaluating Forms
4. Clojure Projects and Leiningen
5. The Core Library
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.