Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Clojure in Emacs on Mac OS X, part of Learning Clojure.
- In this movie we are going to go about setting up…a minimal enClojure development environment in Emacs.…Start by opening up emacsformacosx.com in your browser,…and click the enormous download button.…Hard to miss.…I'm going to go ahead and click on Open When Done.…Next, drag Emacs into the Application folder…to install it, and go ahead and open it.…Click Open, and lets make that a little bigger.…
Here we have a basic, blank Emacs configuration.…Next, we are going to want to install some…clojure development tools into this Emacs configuration.…Lets go ahead and exit Emacs.…If you look in the Exercise Files folder…distributed with this course,…you will find a minimal but complete…Emacs Configuration for clojure in init.el…and its corresponding leiningen configuration file…in profiles.clj.…This one goes into a directory in your home folder…called .emacs.d.…
This one goes into a corresponding folder called .lein.…I'm going to switch over to the terminal…and copy those into place.…cp Desktop\…Exercise\ Files/…Emacs\ Configuration\ Files/…
Arthur Ulfeldt covers the Leiningen build tool and setting up Clojure to work with the IntelliJ IDEA dev environment. He then reviews the basics of the syntax, including functions, expressions, values, macros, strings, and conditionals. He shows how to structure, compile, and deploy Clojure projects in Leiningen, and pull from Clojure's core library. In the final chapters, Arthur explores references and namespaces and points to resources to learn more about Clojure.
- Installing Leiningen
- Configuring IntelliJ IDEA
- Using REPLs to execute code
- Working with simple and composite values
- Mastering Clojure macros
- Exploring Clojure syntax
- Building a Clojure project with Leiningen
- Mapping, filtering, and reducing
- Binding and destructuring data
- Working with identities
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. First Look at Clojure
2. Exploring the Syntax of Clojure
Conditionals and special forms10m 27s
3. Evaluating Forms
4. Clojure Projects and Leiningen
5. The Core Library
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.