Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Clojure on the web, part of Learning Clojure.
- In this course, we'll show several environments…for running and developing Clojure code.…But I don't want the inability to install software…to be any barrier to following along.…So I've structured most of the code examples…to be suitable for running…in web-based development environments,…such as my favorite, Try Clojure at tryclj.com.…There are several others to choose from.…Let's look at some Clojure code.…Here, let's calculate the sum of the squares…of all the even numbers that are less than one million.…
And there you go.…Another great online resource…for learning and practicing Clojure…is 4clojure.com.…Here in the problem list are a lot of great little puzzles…to help you learn Clojure.…Success.…
Arthur Ulfeldt covers the Leiningen build tool and setting up Clojure to work with the IntelliJ IDEA dev environment. He then reviews the basics of the syntax, including functions, expressions, values, macros, strings, and conditionals. He shows how to structure, compile, and deploy Clojure projects in Leiningen, and pull from Clojure's core library. In the final chapters, Arthur explores references and namespaces and points to resources to learn more about Clojure.
- Installing Leiningen
- Configuring IntelliJ IDEA
- Using REPLs to execute code
- Working with simple and composite values
- Mastering Clojure macros
- Exploring Clojure syntax
- Building a Clojure project with Leiningen
- Mapping, filtering, and reducing
- Binding and destructuring data
- Working with identities
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. First Look at Clojure
2. Exploring the Syntax of Clojure
Conditionals and special forms10m 27s
3. Evaluating Forms
4. Clojure Projects and Leiningen
5. The Core Library
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.