Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Clojure with Intelij IDEA IDE on Windows, part of Learning Clojure.
- To install IntelliJ on Windows,…download Community,…download and run.…And once you've finished the installation,…click Configure,…Plugins,…Browser Repositories,…Manage Repositories,…click the plus,…go to the user guide from the cursive Clojure homepage.…Under installation, choose the URL that corresponds…to the version of IntelliJ you've just installed.…For me that was version 15.…
Copy.…Paste.…Click OK.…Put cursive into the search box…to narrow it down.…And click Install.…Restart.…Yes.…Import project.…I put the exercise files in my desktop.…Choose a folder to work on.…Under Import, Import from external model.…Leiningan.…Accept the project directory.…
Click Next again.…Choose the Java version.…Click plus and navigate to the Java installation directory.…Project ch02 is a perfectly fine project name.…Right click on the project.…Choose run REPL for ch02.…And let's run our Hello world.…Tada.…Looks like that works.…You can find the project sample code…under the source directory in the file core.clj.…
To load the file, right click.…
Arthur Ulfeldt covers the Leiningen build tool and setting up Clojure to work with the IntelliJ IDEA dev environment. He then reviews the basics of the syntax, including functions, expressions, values, macros, strings, and conditionals. He shows how to structure, compile, and deploy Clojure projects in Leiningen, and pull from Clojure's core library. In the final chapters, Arthur explores references and namespaces and points to resources to learn more about Clojure.
- Installing Leiningen
- Configuring IntelliJ IDEA
- Using REPLs to execute code
- Working with simple and composite values
- Mastering Clojure macros
- Exploring Clojure syntax
- Building a Clojure project with Leiningen
- Mapping, filtering, and reducing
- Binding and destructuring data
- Working with identities
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. First Look at Clojure
2. Exploring the Syntax of Clojure
Conditionals and special forms10m 27s
3. Evaluating Forms
4. Clojure Projects and Leiningen
5. The Core Library
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.