Join Arthur Ulfeldt for an in-depth discussion in this video Clojure with Intelij IDEA IDE on Mac OS X, part of Up and Running with Clojure.
- Next, we're going to look at setting up…a Clojure development environment…in the IntelliJ IDEA IDE,…using the Cursive Clojure plugin.…First, download IntelliJ IDEA,…if you don't have it already,…from jetbrains.com/idea/download.…You want to download the Community edition…because it's free.…If you already have the Ultimate edition,…you can use that too.…Click on Open When Done.…Drag IntelliJ into the Applications folder to install it.…
Go ahead and run it.…Click Open.…Do not have a previous configuration of IntelliJ IDEA.…If you do, go ahead and use it.…I prefer the light keymap.…We're not going to need most all of these plugins.…So, we can save a little bit of time…by not installing them.…Alright, you can ignore the New Project screen for now,…just let it sit.…
Head over to Preferences, Plugins,…Browse Repositories, Manage Repositories,…Plus, head over to cursiveclojure.com.…In the top, we see the User Guide.…Click there, scroll down to installing Cursive.…Find the link for the version of Cursive…which matches your version of IntelliJ.…
Arthur Ulfeldt covers the Leiningen build tool and setting up Clojure to work with the IntelliJ IDEA dev environment. He then reviews the basics of the syntax, including functions, expressions, values, macros, strings, and conditionals. He shows how to structure, compile, and deploy Clojure projects in Leiningen, and pull from Clojure's core library. In the final chapters, Arthur explores references and namespaces and points to resources to learn more about Clojure.
- Installing Leiningen
- Configuring IntelliJ IDEA
- Using REPLs to execute code
- Working with simple and composite values
- Mastering Clojure macros
- Exploring Clojure syntax
- Building a Clojure project with Leiningen
- Mapping, filtering, and reducing
- Binding and destructuring data
- Working with identities
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. First Look at Clojure
2. Exploring the Syntax of Clojure
Conditionals and special forms10m 27s
3. Evaluating Forms
4. Clojure Projects and Leiningen
5. The Core Library
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.