Learn how to access the mouse and keyboard to create a musical instrument.
- [Caleb] Hello, and welcome to Code Clinic.…My name is Caleb Smith.…Code Clinic is a course where a unique problem…is introduced to a collection of our authors.…In response, each author will create…a solution using their programming language…of choice.…You can learn several things from Code Clinic.…Different approaches to solving a problem,…the pros and cons of different languages…and some tips and tricks to incorporate…into your coding practices.…In this challenge, the problem…is to create a musical instrument…controlled by the mouse.…
Move the mouse up and down…to change the pitch.…Move it side to side, to change the volume.…The instrument is silent until we Click and Hold…one of the mouse buttons.…Letting go of the button, turns off the musical tone.…It's a simple request, but because it requires…access to the mouse, it maybe difficult…or impossible in some languages.…In all cases, we'll explore some ways…to solve the problem and learn why they might…not work.…Thomas Edison observed.…
You may want to take some time and solve…
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem 1: Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem 2: Image Analysis
3. Problem 3: Eight Queens
4. Problem 4: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5: Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6: Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.