Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video The fundamentals of communication, part of Communication in the 21st Century Classroom.
- Communication is a critical part of our daily lives.…And it's something that we often overlook and fail to give…the appropriate attention that it deserves.…In schools we place a strong emphasis on literacy,…but in the past the focus has been on reading and writing…and usually academic reading and writing.…We often overlook speaking, listening, nonverbal…and other forms of communication.…In his book Teaching the Core Skills of Listening…and Speaking, educator Eric Palmer discusses the…importance of incorporating these skills and outlines…strategies that we can use to implement them.…
Does your school spend enough time teaching…students speaking skills?…Listening skills?…What about nonverbal communication skills?…Also do you spend enough time teaching students…about online communication and digital citizenship?…In every form of communication, there is some key…components to consider.…The first is the sender.…Who is that's delivering the message?…The sender should also understand the context in which…the communication is taking place, and adjust their tone,…
- Introducing digital literacy to your class
- Understanding our digital citizenship and digital footprint
- Collaborating with Google Drive
- Implementing an LMS
- Offering video office hours using Google Hangouts
- Gathering student feedback with Google Forms
- Creating audio and video announcements
- Using social media to communicate with the community
Skill Level Beginner
1. Communication in the Digital Age
2. Communicate with Your Students
3. Communicate with Your School and District
4. Connect with Your Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.