Help set learners up for success by teaching in a way that is more interactive and immersive. Learn 10 techniques to increase learner engagement.
- Hi, I'm Karl Kapp and I've spent my entire career studying and implementing interactive learning techniques. I'm a big believer that active learning is effective learning. In this course I'll share with you some of those techniques that I've used over the years to engage learners both in face to face and online environments, in corporate and academic settings. These techniques have helped me to create effective and engaging instruction, that has helped students master content, workshop attendees learn more and employees apply what they've learned in training classes to their job.
In this course we will discuss techniques for engaging learners that require no technology, and methods that require sophisticated technology. However, the underlying instructional elements are the same for low-tech or high-tech. Students and learners need to be active, engaged and challenged during the learning process. They also need to feel that their efforts are leading to results and their own growth and knowledge and understanding. Fostering an active learning environment in an online or face to face classroom is not an easy task.
But it is one worthy of pursuit. Our highest calling as educators, trainers and instructors is to help others learn. We can achieve that goal by creating an environment where people are invested in their own learning. So please join me as we explore methods for creating an active, exciting and dynamic learning environment.
- Understanding the value of engaged learners
- Using index cards and flip charts
- Role playing
- Asking learners to give presentations
- Using blogs, wikis, and other collaborative tools