Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Social media for students, part of Communication in the 21st Century Classroom.
- In this video I want to go over several ways you can…engage students with social media as you help them…to learn how to use it to their advantage.…Not only is social media an important tool for professional…development purposes,…but it can also be a wonderful tool to use with students…in your classroom.…Social media has revolutionized the way that we're able…to communicate.…Currently there are over two billion users of social media…in the world, a number which continues to grow.…In schools, we talk a lot about getting our students…college and career ready, but often fail to educate them…about their online behaviors.…
As mentioned in the digital citizenship video,…according to a survey by Jobvite, 93% of hiring managers…look at content from a candidate's social media accounts.…And in a study by Career Builder, 51% of employers reported…that they decided not to hire someone based on what they…found on a candidate's social media account.…We also discussed the importance of our student's…digital footprint.…This is a real issue and something which we need to…
- Introducing digital literacy to your class
- Understanding our digital citizenship and digital footprint
- Collaborating with Google Drive
- Implementing an LMS
- Offering video office hours using Google Hangouts
- Gathering student feedback with Google Forms
- Creating audio and video announcements
- Using social media to communicate with the community
Skill Level Beginner
1. Communication in the Digital Age
2. Communicate with Your Students
3. Communicate with Your School and District
4. Connect with Your Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.