Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Digital citizenship and digital footprints, part of Communication in the 21st Century Classroom.
- Digital literacy and helping our students become…more knowledgeable with the tools, terminology,…and practices in the digital age is extremely important.…A topic that may be even more important…is ensuring that our students understand…how to use these digital tools appropriately.…This is known as digital citizenship and covers…a wide range of topics from appropriate online etiquette,…safety and security, privacy, digital rights,…and equal access to digital tools.…We cannot afford to underestimate the importance…of digital citizenship and our students' online behaviors.…
The Cyberbullying Research Center reports that…now about half of teens have been bullied online.…The i-SAFE foundation recently reported…that almost 25% of adolescents and teens…are bullied repeatedly on smartphones or online.…Study after study shows that these numbers…continue to rise, and this is unacceptable.…As access to technology becomes more and more common,…our students are engaging with one another…in ways we could have never imagined.…
- Introducing digital literacy to your class
- Understanding our digital citizenship and digital footprint
- Collaborating with Google Drive
- Implementing an LMS
- Offering video office hours using Google Hangouts
- Gathering student feedback with Google Forms
- Creating audio and video announcements
- Using social media to communicate with the community
Skill Level Beginner
1. Communication in the Digital Age
2. Communicate with Your Students
3. Communicate with Your School and District
4. Connect with Your Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.