Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Create video announcements with Camtasia Studio, part of Communication in the 21st Century Classroom.
- In the previous video, we took a look at…how schoolwide announcements can help to…improve communication and collaboration in order to…build a stronger sense of community in your school.…We also looked at how to create and…use audio announcements.…In this video, I want to discuss video announcements,…which I believe are much more effective and empowering,…and in the digital age, they're easier to create…than you probably realize.…First, I want to discuss a couple advantages to…creating video announcements as opposed to audio.…First, our students are in a video generation…in which most are creating and sharing videos…all the time on YouTube, Vine, and other platforms.…
Videos are much more captivating and…will hold student's attention longer.…Videos provide more clarity.…Using visual representations makes it easier to…get your point across.…And it helps students to develop on-camera skills.…Now, let's take a look at how to create video announcements.…Again, the videos in this course are not intended to…teach all of the technical things about the tool,…
- Introducing digital literacy to your class
- Understanding our digital citizenship and digital footprint
- Collaborating with Google Drive
- Implementing an LMS
- Offering video office hours using Google Hangouts
- Gathering student feedback with Google Forms
- Creating audio and video announcements
- Using social media to communicate with the community
Skill Level Beginner
1. Communication in the Digital Age
2. Communicate with Your Students
3. Communicate with Your School and District
4. Connect with Your Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.