Join Oliver Schinkten for an in-depth discussion in this video Communicate with the larger community, part of Communication in the 21st Century Classroom.
- In this video, I want to go over…the importance of communication and…collaboration beyond the school.…In the digital age, we're more connected than ever,…and we're able to connect with people…from around the world on a daily basis.…I believe there are three very important reasons…for communicating beyond the school.…The first is probably the biggest…game changer that I've seen in education,…and that is finding an authentic audience…for students to demonstrate their learning to.…It's incredible to see how much students…are willing to step up their game…and take ownership of their learning…when they have an authentic audience.…
Whether this is parents, community members…or the world.…The second reason is that the community,…whether it's your local community…or global community, can provide…opportunities, expertise, and resources…that we're unable to provide within the schools.…And finally, it's important to communicate…with your community to show them…all the great things that your…school and your students are doing…
- Introducing digital literacy to your class
- Understanding our digital citizenship and digital footprint
- Collaborating with Google Drive
- Implementing an LMS
- Offering video office hours using Google Hangouts
- Gathering student feedback with Google Forms
- Creating audio and video announcements
- Using social media to communicate with the community
Skill Level Beginner
1. Communication in the Digital Age
2. Communicate with Your Students
3. Communicate with Your School and District
4. Connect with Your Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.