A perimeter network is the boundary between the trusted and untrusted network. Lisa Bock discusses zone-based firewall configuration, where zones are created and a trust level is assigned on each interface according to how much you trust the traffic from that interface.
- [Instructor] When thinking about a network,…some areas are more trustworthy than others.…In a network we segment each part of the network…by logical zones where we can identify…the level of trust for each zone.…Firewalls inspect and filter traffic…according to a set of access control rules.…That either allow or deny certain types of traffics…between zones, when designing a network,…a perimeter network is the boundary between the trusted…and untrusted network.…
This allows an organization to deploy public services…such as email and web servers while isolating…the internal network and provides an additional layer…of protection, in this graphic we see a logical drawing…of the outside network or internet, the inside or LAN…and then we see in the center the demilitarized zone…or DMZ.…Isolation on a network occurs by configuring…a demilitarized zone, or screen subnet.…
Where the firewall filters traffic between the outside world…and the local area network.…We call it a screen subnet because it's a separate…subnetwork as we see from the IP address.…
- Security principles and terms
- SIEM technology
- Common security threats
- Social engineering
- Data loss prevention
- Cryptographic concepts
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hash algorithms
- Network topologies, CAN, WAN, and SOHO
- Securing a virtual environment
Skill Level Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 2 Secure Accesswith Lisa Bock1h 25m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 3 VPNwith Lisa Bock1h 27m Intermediate
1. Security Principles
2. Common Security Threats
4. Describe Network Topologies
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.