A small office home office (SOHO) is also a consideration when designing network access and security. Lisa Bock discusses the need to secure the SOHO, as data loss or compromise can occur in a small home and office just as easily as it can in the corporate offices.
- [Instructor] A small office/home office is also…a consideration when designing network access and security.…Although the office is not located…within the main campus,…the remote worker will have access…to the corporate network via WAN link.…Data loss or compromise can happen…in a small home and office just as easily as…it can in the corporate office.…Data loss can occur via mobile devices and laptops,…removable storage, and lax access controls…in the home office.…
If an organization has teleworkers…with a small office/home office,…outline the policy and procedures for safe computing…and access while away from company resources.…For mobile devices and laptops,…ensure the device has encryption and access controls…along with find my device feature.…Removable storage should be discouraged,…as these can be easily lost or stolen.…However, if necessary, use encryption…and access controls.…
The home office should be defended…as well as the corporate office.…Have a separate device for company access,…and don't allow family members to use work devices…
- Security principles and terms
- SIEM technology
- Common security threats
- Social engineering
- Data loss prevention
- Cryptographic concepts
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hash algorithms
- Network topologies, CAN, WAN, and SOHO
- Securing a virtual environment
Skill Level Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 2 Secure Accesswith Lisa Bock1h 25m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 3 VPNwith Lisa Bock1h 27m Intermediate
1. Security Principles
2. Common Security Threats
4. Describe Network Topologies
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.