Lisa Bock covers security organizations, which help the security specialist stay ahead of common threats by offering research, holding events, and providing resources to prepare for an industry certification.
- [Instructor] Today's networks and the Internet of Things…pose unique challenges in managing information.…The job of the network security specialist…is to stay ahead of common threats…by attending training,…participating in security organizations,…and checking security websites on a daily basis.…Security organizations have an online presence…where you can obtain current research information,…see what events they'll be holding,…and get an industry certification.…
I wanted to share with you some commonly available websites…that you might find informative.…Mitre.org is a nonprofit that operates…multiple federally funded research and development centers…and provides innovative, practical solutions…for some of our nation's most critical challenges…in defense and intelligence,…homeland security, and cybersecurity.…Sans.org is the go-to organization…for information security training,…certification, and research.…
The Center for Internet Security is where you can go…to learn about cybersecurity best practices,…cybersecurity tools,…
- Security principles and terms
- SIEM technology
- Common security threats
- Social engineering
- Data loss prevention
- Cryptographic concepts
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hash algorithms
- Network topologies, CAN, WAN, and SOHO
- Securing a virtual environment
Skill Level Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 2 Secure Accesswith Lisa Bock1h 25m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 3 VPNwith Lisa Bock1h 27m Intermediate
1. Security Principles
2. Common Security Threats
4. Describe Network Topologies
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.