Lisa Bock explains SIEM Technology, which integrates into the overall architecture of the network and collects, correlates, and acts on security event information, along with SDEE, a new protocol that outlines the format of messages sent between security devices and security monitoring systems.
- [[Instructor] Cyber threats have evolved…over the past 30 years,…starting with the Morris Worm in 1988…and then a rash of damaging email viruses hit…in the early 2000s.…We then started to see denial of service attacks, bot nets,…and more coordinated attacks.…Overall, the level of sophistication has increased.…In addition to the day-to-day activities…to logically secure a network,…it's also important to educate the user.…
Educate our users on things such as…save all important work to network-shared drives,…use strong passwords,…and think before you click.…Cisco has a number of different products and solutions…to provide security for the organization.…That includes secure edge and branch,…email and web security, access control,…mobility management, adaptive security appliance,…and data center security.…
I'm at this website at Cisco.com,…and if we look at this image,…we can see the complexity of an enterprise network.…With mobility and cloud services,…network borders have blurred.…In addition, regulatory compliance and internal policy…
- Security principles and terms
- SIEM technology
- Common security threats
- Social engineering
- Data loss prevention
- Cryptographic concepts
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hash algorithms
- Network topologies, CAN, WAN, and SOHO
- Securing a virtual environment
Skill Level Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 2 Secure Accesswith Lisa Bock1h 25m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 3 VPNwith Lisa Bock1h 27m Intermediate
1. Security Principles
2. Common Security Threats
4. Describe Network Topologies
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.