Lisa Bock discusses ISO/IEC 27002, a framework that is applicable to all types of organizations that specifies network security domains and provides a common basis for standards and effective security management.
- [Instructor] Whether you're dealing with…a large, multinational company, or a small business,…information security management encompasses…the entire organization.…As a security specialist, there are many functions…that you and many others will need to complete…throughout your day.…That includes monitoring your network,…reduce the potential for attacks,…and implement effective security policies.…
One of the frameworks for organizational security…is ISO/IEC 27002.…If we go to this webpage we can see a graphic…of all the domains.…Let's scroll down.…If we click on it, we can get more information.…But I'm going to summarize all of those domains for you.…Let's take a look.…Information security policies define the rules…of proper conduct.…
We also want to implement policy,…such as remote access, internet use,…copyrighted works, passwords, and backup.…Organization of information security…includes information security governance,…and policy on mobile devices and teleworking.…Human resources security addresses…policies and procedures related to the employees…
- Security principles and terms
- SIEM technology
- Common security threats
- Social engineering
- Data loss prevention
- Cryptographic concepts
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hash algorithms
- Network topologies, CAN, WAN, and SOHO
- Securing a virtual environment
Skill Level Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 2 Secure Accesswith Lisa Bock1h 25m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 3 VPNwith Lisa Bock1h 27m Intermediate
1. Security Principles
2. Common Security Threats
4. Describe Network Topologies
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.