Cryptographic techniques ensure confidentiality, integrity, and authentication of data whether in motion or at rest. Methods include symmetric and asymmetric encryption, along with hashing.
- [Instructor] Cyberattacks propagate the news…on a daily basis.…Reports surface on attackers stealing terabytes…of sensitive information, personal data,…and compromised emails.…Stealing company information and trade secrets…is a well-known challenge that businesses strive…to protect against, and it can go undetected,…as many times companies don't notice…any abnormal network activity.…On this website, we can see significant data breaches…that have occurred over the years.…
Here we can see data records lost or stolen since 2013,…and also some top breaches.…I'll scroll down, we'll take a look here…at how data records are lost or stolen…at the following frequency.…Right under this very large number,…I want you to take a look at this fact.…Only 4% of breaches were secure breaches,…where encryption was used and the stolen data…was rendered useless.…
That is why encryption is so important.…We use cryptographic techniques to ensure confidentiality,…integrity, and authentication of data…whether in motion or at rest.…Data is in motion while traveling through the network,…
- Security principles and terms
- SIEM technology
- Common security threats
- Social engineering
- Data loss prevention
- Cryptographic concepts
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hash algorithms
- Network topologies, CAN, WAN, and SOHO
- Securing a virtual environment
Skill Level Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 2 Secure Accesswith Lisa Bock1h 25m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 3 VPNwith Lisa Bock1h 27m Intermediate
1. Security Principles
2. Common Security Threats
4. Describe Network Topologies
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.