A campus area network (CAN) is a complex, large LAN in a confined location. Lisa Bock discusses the core distribution and access layers, and the many attack vectors that require security devices and access control methods to protect the infrastructure.
- [Narrator] A campus area network is a large private…local area network in a confined location.…It can be a college campus, hospital campus,…corporate campus, or a military base.…The enterprise network has all the elements necessary…for operating independently and serving the client's needs.…Careful design requires that the network is available,…adaptable, manageable, and secure to meet…the current and future needs of the business.…
The most common design is a hierarchy design…that includes core, distribution, and access layers.…The core layer is a critical layer that requires…high performance routing and optimized data exchange…among other core switches and distribution switches…within the enterprise network.…The core is also called the network backbone and should be…resilient, always on, and have redundancy to recover quickly…in case of failure.…
The distribution layer is the control boundary…between the access and the core and has several functions.…It aggregates data from the access layer switches…and provides policy based access for traffic flows…
- Security principles and terms
- SIEM technology
- Common security threats
- Social engineering
- Data loss prevention
- Cryptographic concepts
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption
- Hash algorithms
- Network topologies, CAN, WAN, and SOHO
- Securing a virtual environment
Skill Level Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 2 Secure Accesswith Lisa Bock1h 25m Intermediate
CCNA Security (210-260) Cert Prep: 3 VPNwith Lisa Bock1h 27m Intermediate
1. Security Principles
2. Common Security Threats
4. Describe Network Topologies
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.