Join Greg Sowell for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of CCNP Switching (300-115) Cert Prep: 1 Layer 2 Technologies.
- [Instructor] Before you get started with this course, there are a few things you should know. This course is part of the CCNP Routing and Switching series. Thus, it's considered advanced. Prerequisites include CCNA-level routing and switching knowledge, Cisco CLI experience is mandatory, along with standard TCP/IP network configuration and troubleshooting experience. If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend reviewing the following courses. Cert Prep: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician.
(100-105) CCNA Prep: ICND2, and Learning Cisco CLI Switch Configuration. This course is designed for anyone interested in the CCNP switching exams, or looking to bolster their Cisco switching knowledge.
- Switch design and basic port configuration
- VLAN operation and configuration
- VLAN creation and access ports
- VTP operation and advanced configuration
- STP operation and configuration
- EtherChannel operation and configuration
- Multilayer Switching
- SPAN and RSPAN operation and configuration
- Exploring high availability