Join Denise Allen-Hoyt for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Up and Running with Cisco CLI Switch Configuration.
- View Offline
- In order to get the most out of this course, you should possess a basic understanding of the Network Fundamentals, including a working knowledge of local area networks including the devices, the cable types, as well as the topologies. You should also know the difference between a switch and a router, and how each is connected to a network. I will be explaining the purpose of, as well as demonstrating how to issue several of the basic switch commands covered in the Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician Exam, CCENT.
- Accessing a switch
- Configuring the terminal program
- Configuring a switch hostname
- Saving and viewing configurations
- Securing access
- Encrypting passwords
- Assign an IP address to a switch
- Exploring port modes and security
- Creating VLANs
- Resetting a switch