- Accessing a switch
- Configuring the terminal program
- Configuring a switch hostname
- Saving and viewing configurations
- Securing access
- Encrypting passwords
- Assign an IP address to a switch
- Exploring port modes and security
- Creating VLANs
- Resetting a switch
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Denise Allen-Hoyt, and welcome to Up and Running with Cisco Command Line Interface Switch Configuration. In this course, I will show you how to access the Switch's CLI through an out of band connection using a console cable and a terminal program. I'll show you how to access the three different modes on the Switch. The User EXEC, the Privileged EXEC, and the global configuration modes, including the commands available in each mode.
I will explain the built in help features, help commands, and the tab key function. I'll then cover the basic global commands used to configure essential Switch settings. Then, I'll show you how to address a Switch and configure a default gateway. After that, I'll show you how to modify the mode of individual ports. And how to configure basic Switch port security. Then, I'll cover the commands required to create and manage VLANs.
I'll show you how to configure and verify the settings and make sure everything is just right. So, let's get Up and Running with Cisco Command Line Interface Switch Configuration.