Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video The why and how of route reflectors, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] The time has come to stop talking…about all of these little problems…we have with BGP and split horizon,…and these restrictive rules,…and start solutioning them.…And we're going to do that here with route reflectors,…because a router…that is configured as a BGP route reflector,…can take a route,…learn from an internal peer,…and advertise it to another internal.…Now the peers that send routes to the route reflector…are referred to as clients.…And when the route reflect gets a route from a client,…the reflector does just what you think it would do,…it reflects the route to other clients.…
Now the clients have absolutely no idea this going on.…The clients don't know they're clients.…They don't care that they're clients.…And they actually don't require any additional configuration…to make this happen.…The only config you need for route reflectors…is written on the route reflector itself.…And what happens here,…is with clients having appearing with the route reflector…but not with each other,…we avoid that entire mesh mess.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.