Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video The mystery of the next hop address, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] Now we talked about…these next hop addresses at the end…of the previous video,…and why this happens,…and I'm actually going to tell you…why it happens in the next video.…And I know you're already thinking,…the next video, why can't you just tell me on this one?…I want to introduce you to a command here…that'll change things for us a little bit…called next hop self.…And what we're going to do is change…the next hop of a couple of these routes…on router one,…but we're not going to use…the next hop self command on router one.…We're going to use it on router two,…and you'll see why in a moment.…
I know there's a lot of,…what?…Here's how we do this,…or why we do it here.…Let's use IOS help to take a look…at the next hop self command.…And using my mastery of the alphabet,…I can see that all the commands…that begin with n here,…there is no next hop self command.…The reason we have to go down to router two…to use next hop self…is that it's an option with the neighbor command.…Oh, that's why he went down there.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.