Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video The maximum transmission unit (MTU), part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] With all the attention that we pay to dead…timers and low timers and network times which affect…network timers, all those values that have to match…between potential OSPF neighbors, the MTU gets ignored…quite often, because frankly it's really rare for the MTU…not to match because it's really rare that you're even…going to change the MTU, you're going to run into this…more in lab environments than in the real world…in my humble opinion.…I want you to see the really odd effect that differing…MTUs have on the adjacency it's unlike anything else…you'll see as far as an OSPF adjacency problem and therefore…I want you to see it.…
The one thing I do have running right now is debug ip ospf…adj and let me slide that over.…And I've got show debug of course just as a quick reminder…'cause you can go a little buggy no pun intended (laughs)…running debugs because you think you've turned some off,…you think you've turned this one on that kind of thing…especially in the lab when you're running a lot of them…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.