Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video UplinkFast, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
When a port goes through the normal…STP blocking to forwarding transition…we're looking at a 50 second delay…before the port can start beginning to forward frames.…Because we're looking at 20 seconds of max age…while it ages out of superior BPD that it saved.…Then we've got the listening stage.…Then we got the learning stage.…Each one of those 15 seconds.…So it's almost a minute.…You know big deal right?…Yeah, right.…From one networker to another man that almost minute…can seem like hours at times.…now we know that configuring a port with PortFast is one way…to skip a little bit of that delay,…but as you saw in the last video we were advised over…and over and over by Cisco not to use PortFast…unless it's on a port where a single host device is found.…
What if the device off that port is another switch?…I'm sure you were asking that during the last video…when we're getting all of these warnings…about using PortFast on a port leading to a switch.…Well that's where UplinkFast can come in handy,…and here's a walk-through to show you how.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.