- [Narrator] In the last minute or so of the previous video,…we saw an example that gave us another reason…BPDUs may not arrive at their destination.…It wasn't a downed cable, it was unidirectional link.…Where A can send to B, B can't send to A,…or as I've got on the board here, one can send to two,…but two can't send a BPDU back to one.…UDLD helps us detect this. The basic operation is simple,…and it's going to sound pretty familiar.…A UDLD enabled port sends a UDLD frame across the link…every 15 seconds by default. If something comes back,…we have a bidirectional link and all is well.…
If nothing comes back, we have a unidirectional link…and not all is well.…That sent UDLD message,…it sounds like a radio station,…lets the recipient know what device sent the message,…and what port it was on. It's going to have a device ID…and port ID inside of it. The recipient sends it right back,…on the same port that received the message.…It's a frame and an echo. It's a kind of ping.…It's really a keep alive more than anything else,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.