Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Time range time!, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] The vast majority of ACLs…that you and I write are going to be applied all the time.…You write it, you apply it, you test it,…you verify it of course,…and then you just leave it alone.…But every once in a while, you'll have a situation…where you wish you could write an ACL…that's valid or applied only some of the time…and not all of the time.…Whether that some of the time be a few hours…or a couple of days.…And, fortunately, we don't have to do the thing…where we would write an ACL and then apply it…and then say, "Okay, Friday night, five o'clock,…"I got to take that off before I leave."…Or, apply it before I leave.…
You write the time-based ACL.…Now, the ACL logic that we are very familiar with…by this point remains absolutely the same.…The only real difference is that we have…to create a time range.…We have to identify that and tie it in to the ACL.…Now we're going to create it with the time range command…and then apply it as we write the ACL.…So we need to be watching our time ranges…as we're writing them, as far as whether…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.