Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Things that don't play well with EtherChannel, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] I was just talking about how simple…Etherchannel configs are,…but there are a couple things you have to watch out for,…and here are just a couple of those things.…First off, your ports inside an Etherchannel,…they have to agree on speed and duplex,…makes perfect sense.…Ports that are getting their VLAN assignment dynamically,…remember our friend…the VLAN management policy server, VMPS.…Well if you have a port that's receiving…its VLAN assignment dynamically,…then you can't put it into an Etherchannel.…And if a port is already in an Etherchannel…and then you start having that port…get its VLAN membership dynamically,…that port will actually drop out of the Etherchannel.…
Now ports in an Etherchannel should have…the same native VLAN, makes perfect sense as well.…Should you change this value…for ports in an existing Etherchannel?…The switch is going to give you a hint…that things are just a tad askew.…And to see that, let's bring up…our Etherchannels from the last video,…nothing has changed.…And now, I'm going to fix that.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.