Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing and troubleshooting with pings and traces, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] We're picking up…right where we left off on the last video where router two…could not ping either of the addresses on router three,…whether it's the loop-back…or router three's interface on the fast ethernet segment,…188.8.131.52 but it could ping 184.108.40.206…which is router one's interface on that same subnet.…So, also of course, if you get this unrecognized host…or address or protocol not running,…it's 'cause you pinged what I like to call IP version three,…which is where you put three octets…and then you forgot to put the fourth one.…
So let's take a look at what we're going to do now because…you know, pings are great,…they're a great starting point for your troubleshooting,…but they don't give you a ton of information…it's almost like a yes/no return.…You get some other characters once in a while,…but most of your ping returns are either going to be…time outs, they're going to be periods,…or they're going to be exclamation points.…What I want to do now is run a trace route…and see exactly where the problem is,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.