Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Success tips, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] We're going to talk about…these private AS numbers for a few minutes…before we head to the BGP RID labs.…And I'm sure you've noticed…the rather large range of numbers available to us…for an autonomous system: one through 65535.…Some of these are considered private AS numbers,…and while you can use and the router won't scream at you,…"Hey, don't do that!"…You don't want to advertise any AS…in the range 64496 through 65535 to external networks,…just as you shouldn't advertise private IP addresses.…
They are the equivalent in BGP.…No matter how hard you try, you can't assign AS zero.…And I even tried even though I knew better,…but router bgp 0, as you see on the board, was rejected.…Some Cisco documentation refers to autonomous system number…as ASN and some Cisco documentation and books do not,…so you really should be prepared…to see the term ASN on your exam…as well as just plain ole AS number.…So if you see BGP ASN, don't be thrown…when you haven't seen that acronym before,…because by golly now you've seen that acronym.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.