Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Spotting and fixing an authentication type mismatch, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] We're going to take a look at now at…what that authentication type mismatch looks like.…We know how to spot a mismatch password,…and we're going to bring the live equipment right back up…and take the clear text commands off of R2…and put the MD5 authentication commands on.…So let's head to the interface.…No IP OSPF authentication,…IP OSPF authentication-key CCNP.…Could use my up arrow.…
IP OSPF now, this is probably where…it's going to claim before we get done,…but I want to show you…the message digest authentication commands here…in the center and we're going to start with,…authentication.…And there's message digest option.…I haven't forgotten about that null option yet.…We're getting to that.…But there is our message digest command.…Now I need to set the key.…Oops.…And that's right, message digest key.…
There's your key number.…MD5 is a good choice here,…since it's the only one you have.…There goes our adjacency,…and finally I get to enter the password.…And I'll do that.…Now, our dead timer expired there.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.