Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Route summarization and advertisements, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] Regardless of which protocol you're using,…whether it's OSPF, EIGRP, or BGP, the ones and zeroes…part of route summarization is always the same.…I'm always saying it's all ones and zeroes,…but it's really all ones and zeroes…when it comes to route summarization.…You just got to write the route out in binary,…you identify the common bits, you add those bits up,…you get your route and you get your mask,…it's just that simple.…Now this being BGP there have to be a few minor differences…as far as applying the route summarization,…and we're going to see those in action live in this lab.…
I've set up a quick little IBGP adjacency…between routers one and five in AS 15,…still over the 10.1.1.0/24 network.…And let's take a look at the routes…being advertised right now.…You see on router one, we see a valid invest entry…for networks 16, 17, 18, and 19, all with a 255,000 mask…and we know that because we don't see…anything different here under network.…We've got next up 10.1.1.5, we certainly expect that,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.