- [Instructor] Let's take a look at this…RSTP sync process in action with a walkthrough.…All this is is a very simple series of handshakes…between switches, and it's carried out…until all switches in the network are synchronized.…Going to do this walkthrough, like I said.…There's a lot going on at one point.…So don't let it overwhelm you.…And that's why we've broken it down here.…Because at this point at the very beginning,…switch one is the root, switch two is connected…to switch one and also a PC,…and then switch three is downstream from switch two.…
There's something very Godfather-ish about this.…Or old-school mobster, you know, the root is saying,…hey, I got a proposal for you.…Well, the proposal is on the root.…And switch two gets that superior BPDU, the proposal,…and would like to agree to said proposal.…Might get hurt otherwise.…But not so fast.…It can't agree it to it immediately.…Because switch two has to sync itself.…And in order for switch two to consider itself synced,…all ports on two must either be discarding or an edge port.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.