Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Prefix lists, part 1, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] Prefix lists and BGP.…The use of prefix lists, it's not limited to BGP,…but you're going to use it with BGP a lot.…And a couple reasons Cisco likes…to list for that on their website,…there's high flexibility, support for incremental updates,…and here's the really good one that you're going to love,…the more you work with BGP, writing BGP prefix lists…is much more efficient and easier than…writing ACLs that filter BGP updates.…Because BGP tables, they can have thousands of entries.…They're going to be much larger…than any IGP table you work with…and the thing with prefix lists…they of course are matching on what,…the prefix of the address,…and therefore overall process…if much faster than using ACLs.…
The main thing is when you're learning prefix lists,…especially if this is the first time you've ever seen 'em,…they have quite a few things in common with ACLs.…They work just about the same.…Prefix lists, if a route is not…expressly permitted, it is implicitly denied.…At the bottom of a prefix list,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.