Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Preemption and testing, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] This is where we were…just about at the end of the last video…with router two and three…with an HSRP priority of one hundred.…We talked about how that is the determining value…as far as the active router election goes.…But when we changed router two's…priority to 155 nothing happened.…Even though we saw in show standby…that the priority change actually took place…and there it is, and you'll notice now…it says Priority 155 (configured 155)…and the reason for that is, of course, we changed it.…So, if router two has the higher priority…why isn't it taking over?…Because you have to do one of two things…in order for this change to take effect.…
So you have a choice.…You can either reload the current active router…and that will trigger an election…and router two would take over and then when router three…came back up it would not…take back over as the active router.…So no longer had a higher priority.…Also it wouldn't take over because preemption is disabled.…And this is the one that catches people…and you got to watch out for this, preemption is disabled.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.