Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Port security static addressing lab, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] We're going to see port security and action…and maybe in action, depends on how well we do…and how well we do our troubleshooting.…But before we start any of that,…a great troubleshooting command,…or a set of commands actually, good place to start,…is show port security.…And as you can see I ran it with IOS help,…got a couple of options there.…And the first thing I want to do though…is show you just show port security.…Because, part of troubleshooting this feature, of course…is making sure you have it enabled on the port…that you think you have it enabled on.…We have only one secure port at this point,…that's fast ethernet 0/2, we see that on the far left.…
Then going across you can see the maximum number…of secure addresses per port is still at its default…because that's one, current address one,…so it's learned an address somehow,…and I didn't do anything during the break.…So we'll talk about that in a moment.…Security violations, there haven't been any,…and security action shutdown.…Watch that, because it's a tad misleading.…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.