Join Chris Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Port security fundamentals, part of CCNP Troubleshooting (300-135) Cert Prep.
- [Instructor] We're going to take a look at port security…in action, we're going to talk about some fundamentals…you need to know for troubleshooting…and you're not quite getting the results…you want to get with it, but I want to share with you…a word about network security period…and it's not that it's obviously a very important…part of the network admin's job 'cause I know that already.…The thing is though, we have to walk a fine line…between keeping the bad people from doing…what they want to do and the good people,…we don't want to prevent them from being able to do their jobs…because if we wanted to we could just lock a switch down…or a router down to the point where no one…could ever do anything malicious, but then the legitimate…users won't be able to do their work either.…
Actually, there used to be, I'm not this feature…is in the latest GUIs, but there was in a Cisco security GUI…once a feature called One Step Lockdown,…and you literally, it's like hey, that sounds great, right?…I mean that's the end task, just click one step lockdown,…
- Port security fundamentals
- EtherChannel negotiation protocols
- Advanced switching options
- NBMA configuration and troubleshooting
- Spotting and fixing authentication type mismatches
- K-values and passive interfaces
- Route redistribution
- NTP authentication
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- VPNs and VRF-lite
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Switching and EC Fundamentals
2. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Advanced Switching Options
3. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Analyzing And Troubleshooting OSPF
4. CCNP TSHOOT 300-135: Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
5. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Route Redistribution
To autoredistribute (or not)8m 34s
6. TSHOOT 300-115: The Hot Standby Routing Protocol
7. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Access Control Lists (ACLs)
8. CCNP TSHOOT 300-115: Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
9. TSHOOT 300-135: VPNs and VRF-lite
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.